Eating out is one of my favorites things to do! Specially because nowadays we have so many new restaurants, I have at least 10 friends that have decided to quit their old jobs to open a small restaurant. They all started small and it is so cool so see their business flourishing and offering such a good food and service!
I have decided to make this restaurant list to my clients or whoever is looking for some tasty, fresh, and healthy food.
(Mostly Southern Cali: Newport Beach / Irvine / Laguna Beach and more)
Breakfast & Coffee
- Kéan Coffee – My favorite place to have an Almond Milk Latte. Nice place to work or study while you enjoy a coffee.
- Alta – I love the decor of this place! I go more to grab a coffee and enjoy a sweet treat after lunch. Awesome chocolate cake and almond milk Lattè.
- Mothers Market – Amazing breakfast! One of the best gluten free pancakes ever. The omelete with corn bread is really yummy too! I often shop here for acai pulp and they also offer granel options. Green juice and ginger shots on the go!
- ChocXo – Imagine a place that you can choose the type of chocolate you want in your drink: milk chocolate and dark chocolates (70%, 80%, 90%, and more). It is a liquid chocolate and you can mix it up with your coffee and the milk of your choice. So genius! I love the Mocha with 80% dark chocolate
Lunch & Dinner
- Bear Flag – By far, my favorite place to eat! Very casual restaurant, the people who work there are awesome and you can expect a very fresh and high quality fish. My favorite: Ahi Poke with rice and Veggies + Side of avocado!
- True Food Kitchen – One of my favorite places to go out for dinner. Love the Spaguetti Squash Casserole and Miso Soup. Also some exotic drinks!
- Cafe Gratitude – New Port Beach / Venice Beach / LA / SD – By far my favorite choice! All organically grown food, vegan, and one of the best desserts ever! Strongly recommend.
- Seabirds Kitchen – Seasonal and organic menu, with amazing dishes! Vegetarian style and good desserts!
- The Counter – Organic meat and a delicious veggie burger. You can build your own salad bowl and your own burger!
- Urban Plates – Fast and Healthy Options. Amazing flavor and great variety of veggies!
- Whole Foods – I shop here for specific items, but I like the variety of food to have a perfect and balanced meal. I love their sushi with quinoa and black rice!
- Tender Greens – Convenient and tasty options. Love the tomato soup and the options of veggies.
- Nobu – If you wanna go fancier and enjoy a high quality sushi, that’s the place. Located in Malibu, with an incredible ocean view. There are many other locations (NY, LA, etc).
- Cafe Gratitude – Venice Beach – Amazing place!! Strongly recommend.
- Nepenthe – AMAZING ocean view with a great menu. The sandwiches are really tasty, specially the vegetarian one. Ask for a appetizer with goat cheese and pecans, really worth a try! Located at Big Sur (For me it is a mandatory pit stop for California 1 Road Trip)
- Nou – Meus favoritos: Salmão com pupunha e aspargos // Risoto de limão siciliano. Sem contar a loja vizinha que tem coisas maravilhosas e um Nail Bar super descolado! Vale conhecer: Piê
- Frutaria – Ótima opção para omeletes, açaí. Menu bem saudável e super gostoso.
- Açaí Frooty – Açaí Bowl bem gostoso e tem opção de levar para casa!
- Cachoeira Natural
- Brigadeiro – Doce e Café – Cafezinho com amigas ou uma sobremesa gostosa!
- Julice Boulangère – Pães integrais deliciosos e de qualidade!
- Parque da Água Branca – Programinha gostoso para tomar café da manhã nos finais de semana, além da feira com tudo orgânico, direto do fornecedor e com bastante variedade! Avenida Francisco Matarazzo, 455 – Água Branca – São Paulo – SP – Tel.: (11) 3803 4200.
Rio De Janeiro